While watching the rain over the weekend and enjoying the cool fall weather:
Me: Doesn't this weather just make you want something pumpkin??
Kyle: Why didn't we buy a pumpkin at the grocery store?
Me: No, like pumpkin bread or Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte. Mmm, or something apple...
Kyle: I can go cut you an apple in the kitchen.
Me: No, like apple pie or apple crisp... that warm cinnamon apple goodness that fills your house with the fragrance of fall.
We obviously have different perspectives on our feel goods for this season. Nonetheless, fall has officially arrived, and we are enjoying soaking up this wonderful weather. I love the smells of spice in the fall, decorations, leaves changing colors, and football!
This past weekend Kyle and I went to our first Aggie football game of the season to watch A&M beat Arkansas in the rain. There were lot's of great highlights from this game! 1)Sweet revenge after losing to those Razorbacks three years in a row in Arlington, 2) Great friends and old roommates, Katie and Chelsea, came in town for the game and we met for dinner after, 3) Kyle was showcased in a video clip on the jumbotron for his work as a grad student in the animal science department and for the scholarship he is receiving through an Aggie who is generously giving back. We appreciate him!!
Kyle is deep into his project for his masters' degree, and things are going really well for him, just early mornings through November. He is doing a great job! Last night he went to spend the night with the steers for 'round the clock sampling.
The last big thing for us this fall is I got a job as a research assistant for Texas A&M Transportation Institute. I know, I know, you are thinking transportation?! Actually, the research we are doing is extremely interesting and applies to the future of the American economy and the forms of transportation we will see implemented. I am in my second week, and am trying to beat the steep learning curve I stepped into when I walked in to the office. Taking each day in stride.
That's how we do things in our home, we take each day in stride. We are into our fifth month of marriage and figuring things out together each day, learning together and growing together.
This past weekend Kyle and I went to our first Aggie football game of the season to watch A&M beat Arkansas in the rain. There were lot's of great highlights from this game! 1)Sweet revenge after losing to those Razorbacks three years in a row in Arlington, 2) Great friends and old roommates, Katie and Chelsea, came in town for the game and we met for dinner after, 3) Kyle was showcased in a video clip on the jumbotron for his work as a grad student in the animal science department and for the scholarship he is receiving through an Aggie who is generously giving back. We appreciate him!!
Just an update to what is going on with here with us as we bring in this fall season. To hit the major points, we are currently looking for a car. This is NOT a fun process for me! Almost a month ago Kyle and I were in a wreck (not our fault) in the intersection of Texas and University leaving my car totaled. Here's a picture of the scene that night. The damage may not seem too bad (my car on bottom), but the air bags deployed, which made the car too expensive to repair...
So many other things could have gone far worse, but we are so thankful for our God looking after us that night. Looking for a car can't be that bad in the grand scheme of things, but when you don't plan on making that purchase, it puts on the pressure.Kyle is deep into his project for his masters' degree, and things are going really well for him, just early mornings through November. He is doing a great job! Last night he went to spend the night with the steers for 'round the clock sampling.
The last big thing for us this fall is I got a job as a research assistant for Texas A&M Transportation Institute. I know, I know, you are thinking transportation?! Actually, the research we are doing is extremely interesting and applies to the future of the American economy and the forms of transportation we will see implemented. I am in my second week, and am trying to beat the steep learning curve I stepped into when I walked in to the office. Taking each day in stride.
That's how we do things in our home, we take each day in stride. We are into our fifth month of marriage and figuring things out together each day, learning together and growing together.
No comments:
Post a Comment