Friday, February 1, 2013

Back to Blogging! LONGEST Post Ever!

So my thoughts of holding myself to stepping out of the box and trying something new (blogging!) was short lived, but I have been wanting to get back into it! So...Happy February, we have much to catch up on.

First, meet our new love Teddy. He is an eight week old Rat Terrier, and quickly becoming attached the the other male in the house. He knows who his daddy is. Oh Teddy, he has brought so much fun, laughter, and might I say parenting experience into our home (and I mean we now refer to ourselves as mommy and daddy when we speak to Teddy...). We have wanted a puppy for a long time, but it just seemed like no time was the perfect time. Well, there was no time like the present, so we pulled the trigger.

I made the mistake of going to the puppy store (please don't judge us) in the mall after returning a Dillard's purchase for Kyle. Mistake number 1...I was literally depressed for a week. I saw Teddy and his brother and instantly fell in love. They were both going to be coming home with us (I wished, but am so glad that didn't happen. Potty training TWO puppies, yeah right!). The next week, one night after dinner I finally convinced Kyle to go see the puppies. I thought either he will fall in love and bring them home, or they wouldn't be there and I would have closure. Wrong. Mistake number 2. We went, and both left depressed. Skip a few depressing days to MLK day, probably the most beautiful day of the year, and we had the outdoor itch. It so perfectly worked out that we needed to make a trip to the mall to buy a gift, and it just so happened we wondered back in to that darn puppy store. Teddy was still there. After coming home and weighing the pros and cons of a puppy, we split ways, and I went to pick up our little one while he went to get all the puppy necessities. It was the perfect day outside with our new puppy.

 He is adjusting really well, but I am ready for him to be more self sufficient. I HATE leaving him in the crate when we leave for work in the morning, and when I have to put him back up after lunch. He needs sunshine and play! Hopefully in a few weeks he will get to stay outside. Ok enough of our little man for now.
Teddy's first ride through Chic-fil-A drive through. The Lady at the window even  gave him a treat!

For an update on Kyle and I, we have made new plans for us and our future. As we have gone through the past eight months of marriage, things have changed, we have changed, and our wants have changed. All good change! We are only improving upon our original "life plan". We are constantly reminded of how we do not direct the paths of our lives, but we want to actively pursue and seek out where the Lord wants us. In doing this, through much prayer and seeking advice, Kyle has deiced to forego a PhD for now, and seek a career in beef cattle nutrition. His thinking is that work experience will be so valuable when seeking a career, and he is ready to put the books aside for a while. I can't blame him. This is good change, and we are excited to see where we will end up. He has wonderful connections and is continuing to meet others in his field. Kyle also had his first job interview today, and it went great! He has the potential to do whatever it is he wants, but it's a matter of him really deciding in which area of his field he would like to be in, and waiting for the right door to open for us. 

I have recently been working towards obtaining my teaching certificate to teach health at the middle/high school level, and I am also becoming certified as a generalist 4-8 teacher, meaning I could teach any of the core subjects for those grades. This is a new thing for me, but I am excited for this! I have a wonderful job right now that has been perfect for me, but everyday I have a longing to be in the health field and to make a difference in others, and teaching allows me to pursue that. I had my first day of subbing this past week, and it was in a 7th grade health class. A perfect first sub job. The kids were really great for me most of the day and I was given a positive perspective on teaching health. I am committed to working on this throughout the semester to prepare to hopefully teach in the fall. This is perfect timing for me to do this as Kyle will be working on his thesis this Spring (If you call at night, you can count on us spending quality time together at the kitchen table doing work...but please call :) )

For someone who has always been one to find change "earth shattering", I have been needing for a few months now to be reminded of the little everyday joys God reveals to us. Often I get so wrapped up in all the big decisions (and trying to make them all work out perfectly all by myself) that I forget to  take a breath sometimes. I am learning to trust the Lord in all of this more than ever before, and I am learning that Kyle and I will never get these early months in marriage back. I have started a writing down one thing each day I am thankful for and putting it in a mason jar (ok a spaghetti jar--- and I have to give credit to whoever posted this idea on Pinterest). This has been great so far. Kyle has even put a few in. 


Alright, so back to blogging. I look forward to hopefully keep this up this time!




No comments:

Post a Comment